Need a quick and easy breakfast that will fill you up and keep you going all day long? Then look no further – this breakfast skillet is one of my favorites!
This recipe is actually one from my 30 Days of Healthy Eating Menu Plan – be sure to check it out if you are looking ways to eat healthier!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 large green bell pepper, diced
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- ½ cup diced cooked ham
- 3 cups frozen southern-style diced hash brown potatoes, thawed
- ½ teaspoon salt-free Cajun seasoning blend
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Cook the bell peppers and onion for 4 to 5 minutes, or until tender. Stir in the ham and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the hash browns and seasoning blend. Cook without stirring for 4 minutes, or until the bottom is golden brown. Stir (the golden-brown pieces will be redistributed). Cook without stirring for 4 minutes, or until the bottom is golden brown and the mixture is heated through.
- Stir in the parsley, salt, and pepper.