Even when you are trying to eat healthier, you can still find ways to enjoy your favorite desserts. This is one of my family’s favorites any time of year. Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top (for a little splurge!) and enjoy!
If you are looking for ways to eat healthier, be sure to check out my 30 Days of Healthy Eating Meal Plan! For 1 month, I give you every breakfast, lunch, and dinner recipe (plus snacks!) to help you plan your meals and make eating healthy easy and delicious!
- 5 granny smith apples
- 1 Tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 3 Tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
- ¾ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil (or butter)
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel apples and dice into cubes that are all about the same size.
- In a large bowl, toss with maple syrup, water, and cinnamon. Pour apples into 9×9” baking dish sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, add oats, flour, pecans, cinnamon, salt, coconut oil or butter, and maple syrup. Stir crumble topping together and pour into baking dish on top of apples.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes until apples are soft, covering pan loosely with aluminum foil halfway through to prevent from over-browning. Serve warm and enjoy.